Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If you want to destroy my sweater...

The black cable-knit duster had seen better days. It was a cheap acrylic cardigan that I kept in my desk drawer for when it was cold. It was always cold. So, like a ratty old bathroom, I drug this duster around my office. pilled and frayed, the belt long gone, it was black and long and warm. That was, after all, the purpose. Had my Mother been wrong about everything not being a fashion show? But now, armed with a little Christmas money, I purchased a new sweater. Black, to be sure, and cabled as well. It was also cheap and acrylic but thick and warm. The belt stitched onto the side. Buttons! My old duster had no buttons. Already an upgrade. It had a shawl collar instead of a hood but really, outside beckoning for Obi Wan Kenobi (he's my only hope) how often did I need to wear a hood indoors? This was a time for renewal, after all. 2008? I'm so over you.

No comments: