Sunday, October 09, 2005

The bidness


This is a huge scary leap for me...starting a business. I'm not a passive person but I'm not a risk-taker. It just seemed like after all these years of drawing, doodling, designing and drafting that I needed to do something more productive with my work. Not that I'm against the whole 'art for art's sake' concept but my later work is less 'art' and more 'illustration'. It has a childlike quality. A cuteness, if you will..and I think the world today needs more cute.

This little cutie was inspired by the wonderful bags made by Molly Chicken.

I was thinking about looking into paypal as an ordering option. Do any of you use paypal to sell your wares?

4 comments:

Graham Jones said...

That brings back memories.

In fact, you might like my novel.

www.thehistorystudent.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a nice blog here! Awesome job. I have
a baby baptism gift site. It pretty much covers baby baptism gift related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

seaofstars said...

I found your blog through craftster and I just love your stuff! I dream of the day I will learn to screenprint/stencil... :dreaming:

anywhoo... I use paypal for all my goods and I personally have never had any problems with them, although I've heard a fair share of nightmare stories. There's just not many options online that are as easy and "reasonable" as paypal.

I love your chicken and am dying to gert a new tshirt sometime soon... :]

take care!

seaofstars
xanga.com/lunaadored

KiWi said...

THanks Seaofstars.

I'm actually going into full production mode between now and the end of the month so check back.
I love your bags. The satin stitching on the chicken was gorgeous.